About Me

My photo
As a daughter, granddaughter (still...at my age!), wife, mom, grammy, lover of God and life, it has become my mission in life to encourage others. The purpose of this blog is to introduce the reader to the sustainable life through organic recipes, gardening tips, cleaning and organizing methods, Spiritual help, and anything else which may encourage you in your journey to wholeness--body, soul, and spirit.

Friday, April 27, 2012

A New Venture...a personal journey

Shepherd's Harvest Goats Milk Soap, all packaged up and ready to go!
Bees Wax rolled candles...I thought they came out kind of spiffy!

A few months ago I made a decision.  The reasons were difficult and complicated, but the bottom line was that I needed to leave my job.  In our current economy, it felt as if I was being terribly irresponsible--a loser, even.  Imagine my surprise, then, when several coworkers immediately offered to act as references should I apply for another position elsewhere!  The reason they gave was that the position I was in was so difficult that they did not expect that anyone would be able to do that job, and last.  So now I am out of work, with no unemployment to fall back on, in a rough economy...sink or swim time!

A good friend asked me a few weeks ago, "If you could do anything at all that you wanted to do right now, what would it be?" My answer?  Make Shepherd's Harvest a viable business.  But I wonder...in this economy...

So, I have decided to try.  Still looking for a job, hoping for some temporary work, but at the same time I am making some all-natural products in hopes that people will want them, at a reasonable price.  This blog will occasionally chronicle my progress, sometimes giving some successes and failures (let's be real here!), but mostly you will see the same encouragement--recipes, organic and sustainable information, etc.--you have seen over the last several weeks.

Sooooo...off I go!  Yesterday I made candles, and the day before that I made a lot of soap.  A family member is making handmade dish cloths.  I ordered ingredients to make all-natural deodorant which I think I can offer for a very reasonable price--aluminum is in regular antiperspirant and is not good for you.  All natural lip balm is also a possibility....we'll see.  Can you help out?  There is a poll on the side bar of the blog, a little market research if you will.  Let me know what you would be interested in purchasing, if you were to purchase all-natural products.

If you would like to know more about Shepherd's Harvest, there is a facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ShepherdsHarvest.

What new venture have you been thinking about?  Let me know if you are thinking about trying something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment