Method vs. Mrs. Meyers...some of my favorite non-toxic cleaners!
Mrs. Meyers' Clean Day
Liquid Dish Soap, Countertop Spray, All Purpose Cleaner, Surface Scrub, Surface Wipes, Bathroom Cleaner, Glass Cleaner, Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- Cleaning power! All of Mrs. Meyers' products are tremendous at cleaning just about whatever you throw their way.
- Huge variety of scents, if you find one you like, you can use it all over the place. The scent usually dissipates quickly after the product dries, but Mrs. Meyers sells candles if you want it to linger. All natural essential oils are used for the scent. Also, they have cool scents like basil (nice for the kitchen) and lavender (for the bathroom) if you like that sort of thing!
- Price. The products are pretty expensive, BUT there are ways to get around this sticking point. The All Purpose Cleaner is concentrated, and can be used as the kitchen counter spray, thus saving quite a bit if you have a spray bottle. I dilute it 3:1. Also, you can purchase most of these products from Amazon.com by subscription--free shipping, great savings, and automatic delivery at fixed intervals...works great! If you purchase this way, it is less expensive than Wal-Mart!
- Scent. Both a pro and a con...my husband is very sensitive to the essential oils, and it makes him sneeze and sometimes causes a slight headache. If I clean when he is not home, no worries.
MethodProducts I have used
Antibacterial Kitchen Cleaner, Antibacterial Bathroom Cleaner (Spearmint), Daily Shower Spray, Glass and Surface Cleaner, Squirt and Mop Hard Floor Cleaner (Lemon Ginger), Good for Wood Daily Clean, Dish Pump, Marine Naturals Refreshing Body Wash, All-Purpose Cleaner
- Generally excellent cleaners. Best product, hands down, is the Daily Shower Spray--keeps my shower spotless with an occasional wipedown. Love it! The Floor Cleaner is also terrific, and smells wonderful. The other products are good as well, although I tend to like the Mrs. Meyers all purpose cleaner best.
- Best scents--no headaches for my husband! They smell wonderful, not overpowering, with absolutely no chemical smell. I LOVE the scents!
- Expensive! Very expensive! Again, I have found a way around this...here is my secret...the website www.soap.com has good prices on Method products to begin with. Sign up for their emails and get coupons. Look on www.retailmenot.com and search for coupons for soap.com. You can usually find 20% off and free shipping, and sometimes 30% off and free shipping if you order over $49. of product. Then order refill sizes. You can order about a 6 month supply for less than 1/3 of what you would pay in a grocery store. Totally worth it!