Don't Miss It...


And then as they looked closer, they saw that the stone, which was a very large one, had been rolled back. So they went into the tomb and saw a young man in a white robe sitting on the right-hand side, and they were simply astonished. But he said to them, “There is no need to be astonished. He has risen; he is not here. Look, here is the place where they laid him. But now go and tell his disciples, and Peter, that he will be in Galilee before you. You will see him there just as he told you.”
~Mark 16:6-7 (J.B. Phillips New Testament Bible)

What always struck me is that this passage says, "go and tell his disciples, and Peter..." Peter missed it.  Jesus rose from the dead, and he missed it.  He was not even considered a disciple when it happened.  He had denied Jesus the night before he was brutally tortured and killed, even verbally abusing a young girl who innocently asked him if he knew Jesus! (Mark 14:66-72) Later, Jesus Himself gently restored Peter, reminding him three times to "feed my sheep" (John 21:17).

Sometimes I miss out.  I choose good things, but not the best.  Maybe not even good things...

A few days ago, this page spoke of a carpenter I met a long time ago who changed my life forever.  Thankfully, I now know that even when I don't make perfect choices, there is a Perfect One who forgives me.  Every time.  The thing is, I don't deserve it.  But you know what?  I don't want to miss a thing.  How about you?

Have a loving and blessed Resurrection Day...

Comments

Popular Posts